Tuesday 3 July 2012

6 REASONS GETTING UP AT 3:10AM IS TOTALLY AWESOME

One of the totally neato perks of being glennzb is having to arrive to work at 4 every morning to produce the widely acclaimed Newstalk ZBeen podcast. To the uninitiated, such an early start may seem, I don't know, what's the phrase?... Cruel and unusual? But it's not all bad...

1: I never have to decide what to wear to work. That's because I already chose my outfit the night before and hung it on the back of the bathroom door so I wouldn't bother anyone else in the house rummaging around for clean undies.








2: If I DO happen to disturb the Domestic Manager, I know I won't get into that much trouble because she still has a reasonable amount of time to get back to sleep. And by reasonable, I mean about FOUR HOURS. Not that I'm bitter.








3: If I happen to wake up at 3:09, I don't have to lie tossing and turning for an awkward amount of time knowing my alarm'll be going off soon. It'll be going off in 1 minute.









4: I beat the traffic. By some considerable margin. Hours actually. Sometimes I drive to work in reverse all the way, just for funsies.










5: I get to meet more vampires at that hour.











6: It could be worse. At least I'm not getting up at 2:10. Right? RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment