Wednesday 19 June 2013

6 THINGS SKYTV SHOULD REALLY BE SHOWING

This week, some were concerned when they heard the news SkyTV had lost the rights to broadcast the English Premier League. Not sure why, it's only soccer. However, this obviously frees up quite a bit of airtime for more useful broadcasts...

1: Shows They Never Made Enough Episodes Of. Fawlty Towers is the obvious one. Only 12 half-hours of genius. Six Feet Under should still be on too, if for no other reason, to teach young people how to swear properly.

2: Reality TV. There's not nearly enough reality TV for my liking. Can we do a show where overweight celebrities nobody's ever heard of have to cook a whole new house while ballroom dancing, singing, ice skating and cliff diving... into a vat of live sea snakes?

3: Business House Competitions. I can't remember the last time a saw live indoor cricket on telly.



4: Club Nights. These don't need to be live. In fact, I'd prefer if they weren't, that way I could watch myself playing social badminton on Tuesday nights, on Wednesday.

5: Quiz Nights. I don't mean Nothing Trivial, I mean ACTUAL quiz nights. Could we link different pubs via satellite? We probably can, given they're not broadcasting live football.

6: The Mike Hosking Breakfast on Newstalk ZB. You've actually been able to watch this on our website for years. Keep up, EPL.

No comments:

Post a Comment