Thursday 22 August 2013

6 POSSIBLE LABOUR LEADERS

The first time I met David Shearer, he left his cell phone in my studio in case it rang while he was on air with Hosking. It appeared to be held together with sticky-tape. Oh sure, we exchanged polite jokes about what happens to mobiles in war zones, but I'm sorry; I can't respect a man who doesn't respect his handset. Obviously his caucus felt the same way and took the only course of action possible. But now who will fill the void?...

1: Kim DotCom. He's certainly landed more hits on John Key than Shearer ever did. (I actually only suggested DotCom as a joke of course. Disturbingly, as I write this, I'm listening to serious talkback also discussing his merits as a possible leader. It's been going for about half an hour now. Oh god)

2: Dave Rennie. If he can lead the Chiefs to take out 2 consecutive Super 15 championships when nobody gave them a snowball's chance, victory in a mere national election should be child's play.

3: Geoff Thomas and Matt Watson. (Co-Leaders) If we've learned anything this week, it's never take a fish to parliament. I'm pretty sure these two guys would have known that.


4: Leighton Smith. He always seems to know what Labour should be doing.

5: Peter Dunne. Look how well he led, even when he didn't know where his whole party went. Imagine what he could do with some actual members.

6: But the winner is...



Wait for it...



Wait for it...



No, wait a bit longer for it...



Wait just a bit more...



Dominic Bowden.

No comments:

Post a Comment